Advocates & Attorneys
KRISTY M. ASRAL (Advocate)
Asral Behavioral Consulting Services, Inc.
11 Shady Spring Drive
Areas of Practice: Special Education Consulting
Geographical Area: PA and NJ
KELLY BARTON, Ed.D. (Educational Consultant/Advocate)
Barton Educational Consulting
220 West Gay Street, Floor 2
West Chester, PA
Areas of Practice: Evaluation, IEPs, 504 Plans, Functional Behavior Assessments, Positive Behavior Support Plans, Communication Plans, Assistive Technology, Research Based Practices, Progress Monitoring, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mediation, Resolution, Due Process, School Discipline, Tutoring
Geographical Area: Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland
MELISSA BILASH (Advocate)
Advocacy and Consulting for Education, Inc.
121 N. Wayne Ave., Sutie 205
Wayne, PA 19087
Areas of Practice: Working with families of gifted students and students with special needs who are found eligible in order to receive their free appropriate public education (FAPE) and necessary supplemental services through their school districts.
- Manage interagency collaboration
- Meet with parents to obtain information about their children and provide advice
- Review child's evaluations, reports, testing and history
- Attend IEP/GIEP/504/IFSP meetings and discuss the strength of program goals with IEP/GIEP/504/IFSP Teams
- Act as a parent liaison in meetings between parents and the school district
- Assist with procedural navigation
- Maintain contact with parents to ensure goals are implemented as decided in the most recent IEP/GIEP/504/IFSP meeting
- Help obtain requests for evaluations and file state complaints
- Assist with due process hearings and manifestation determination hearings
MICHELLE CHAPLA (Autism Consultant/Advocate)
My Autism Consultant, LLC
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Areas of Practice: Private Consultation
• Provide a gap analysis regarding services your child is receiving and services your child may need for recovery.
• Customized treatment and recommendations to ensure your child’s strengths are used and new skills are being acquired
• Assessment, observation and behavioral analysis to ensure your child’s needs are met and child continues to make gains.
• Increase collaboration and team work to improve your child’s service
• Support family with IEP or educational related concerns
• Assist family with obtaining services such as BHRS (wrap-around), Occupational or Speech Therapy
• Aid family in insurance and educational placement disputes
Training and Workshops
• Individualized to family’s ongoing needs
• School training to support the ongoing complex needs of children with ASD in their district
• Provider training to assist with bridging the gap when training is not available
• Natural support or community training to increase awareness and assist with inclusion.
Geographical Area: We are based in Western Pennsylvania and serve the Greater Pittsburgh and surrounding area. My Autism Consultant, LLC is available to provide services outside of the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
The fees for our services are developed through an individualized consulting agreement with the family or training agreement with your organization. We offer flexible payment options to accommodate most situations. Let’s talk about how we can help. Call today for an initial consult and service overview! 412-760-8906
JONATHAN CORCHNOY (Attorney)
Law Offices of Jonathan S. Corchnoy
1515 Market Street, Suite 1510
Philadlephia, PA 19102
Areas of Practice: Special edcuation law, Personal Injury,
Special Needs Estate Planning
Geographical Area: Licensed in PA and NJ.
PA - East of the Susquahanna River
NJ - generally South of Trenton
JANELLE DUTTENHOFFER (Advocate)
Sources of Support
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
Areas of Practice: Parent information and training - special education process (IEP development, evaluation report review, placement, accommodations), effective communication, special education laws and regulations; presentations (special education process, laws, and effective advocacy techniques)
Geographical Area: Maryland and Pennsylvania
FORBES DRUCKER (Advocate)
Dr. R. Forbes Drucker
123 Lisa Drive
Paoli, PA 19301
Areas of Practice: Special education issues including services, placement, IEP issues from evaluation to implementation and monitoring, Related services identification such as aided, transportation, wrap-around, social skills implementation and organizational skills, therapies and record review.
Geographical Area: Chester County, Montgomery County, Delaware County
VICTORIA HENNESSY (Advocate)
Child Improvement Services
8 Taylor Lane, #1
Doylestown, PA 18902
Practice Areas: The areas of practice we are best known for is working with families to understand and navigate their way through the special education process. We advocate for the child to ensure they receive what they are entitled to by law and the best education plan possible to meet their needs. We also work with children outside the school setting to improve behavior problems that negatively impact the child's social life and functioning in school and with his family members. We provide family and individual coaching and create individual behavior plans that address the areas of concern.
Geographical Area: Bucks and Montgomery Counties and Philadelphia County, NJ - The lower end of Hunterdon County
LISA ISAACS (Attorney)
Law Office of Lisa Isaacs
2108 Yardley Road
Yardley, PA 19067
Practice Areas: Special Education and Disability Rights, Family Law, Mediation
Geographical Area: New York City, Southeastern Pennsylvania
TRISH LUBERDA (Special Education Consultant & Paralegal)
31 Whitetail Lane
Hungers Run, PA
Areas of Practice:I am a certified paralegal whose business concentration is advocating in empowering parents to develop the most appropriate educational programs for their exceptional student that federal and state regulations allow.
My work has evolved from personal experience as the parent of three daughters with learning differences, emotional challenges, and autism. I have gained much of my relevant life experience from my own children, my clients, and their parents. As an educational consultant, I provide client-focused services that meet the needs of students who face learning and life challenges. I offer parents and caregivers of children with special needs a resource for understanding what the difficulties are, determining what support may be needed and developing a strategic plan to go about getting it. I am experienced in supporting clients with a variety of cross-system services that will ensure they understand how to navigate the many complex facets of federal, county, and school district systems. I enjoy helping clients identify their options for assessment, accommodations, and need for services. I value collaborating with the parents, caregivers and schools who willingly work together in the best interest of understanding a child’s strengths and/or weaknesses. My personal goal is to offer a plan of action and support that enables the children to adequately develop and their parents/caregivers to feel confident they have obtained the most appropriate supports and services available in order to insure their child’s most successful life outcomes.
Some of my services include:
• Complete record review (including all assessments and reports).
• Provide an overview and profile for your child’s success.
• Prepare a strategic action plan.
• Make referrals for necessary assessment and related services.
• Consult and advise in preparation and organization of documentation.
• Observe and/or consult in schools.
• Prepare and attend IEP meetings, ITMs, ISPs, and/or school conferences.
• Consult and make appropriate recommendations for school placements.
• Review and refer for appropriate AT/AAC assessments and evaluations.
• Referral and guidance for transition-aged resources and services.
Geographical Area: Southeastern Region of Pennsylvania and select areas of DE and NJ.
Please review my website for further parental resources and information pertaining to Special Education law; particularly within Pennsylvania. In advance thank you for considering me to be of assistance to you and/or your family!
AMBER MINTZ (Advocate)
528 hill road
Wernersville, PA 19565
Cell Phone: 610.927.9904
Practice Areas: K-12, autism, dyslexia, apraxia, learning disabilities, attention and organization deficits. Consulting, meeting support and training.
Geographical Area: Southeast PA - Berks, Lancaster, Montgomery, Chester Counties preferred but not exclusive
AUDREY RASMUSSON, Esq.
Audrey Rasmusson, Attorney at Law
5539 McCandless Ave
PIttsburgh, PA 15201-2227
Practice Areas: Special Education (IDEIA, Section 504); Juvenile Law for children and teens with special needs; custody and child support for children and teens with special needs; guardianship; power of attorney
Geographical Area: Pittsburgh, PA
CHARLES WEINER (Attorney)
Law Office of Charles Weiner
Cambria Corporate Center
501 Cambria Avenue
Bensalem, PA 19020
Practice Areas: Special Education Law; School Discipline, Bullying issues; Disability Rights; Accommodations on college entrance examinations (SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, etc.) and licensing examinations; personal injury.
Geographical Area: Special education is handled in he counties of Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester, Philadelphia, York, Lancaster, Berks, Lehigh, Northampton, Lebanon, Schuylkill, Carbon, Monroe, Pike, Luzerne, Lackawanna.
Testing Accommodations are handled on a national basis.
We are a law firm that is dedicated to representing individuals with disabilities in education and civil rights matters. Our practice is focused on representing families and their children in special education and education law issues throughout Pennsylvania. We also obtain test accommodations for college entrance examinations (SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, GRE, etc.) and professional certification examinations (USMLE and Bar Examinations) throughout the nation. We have specialized experience in matters involving the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and other civil rights laws. Additional services include Personal Injury, Adoption, Special Needs Trusts, Guardianships and Wills.
We are devoted to achieving results for clients through committed, responsive and compassionate representation.
If the state or geographical area does not currently have a listing available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we are here to help.